Firefighters in Maynard battled a two-alarm blaze Sunday morning that left significant damage to a salt therapy business downtown, the fire department said.
Crews responded to Trunature Salt Cave at 79 Main St. at 7:10 a.m. where smoke was reported showing from the back of the building, located in the dense business district.
A second alarm was struck and firefighters managed to contain the flames to one building, the department said. Nobody was injured but the blaze left significant smoke, fire and water damage to the building.
Trunature Salt offers Himalayan Salt Therapy, a natural and holistic method for health and wellness that releases toxins and relieves joint and muscle pain, according to the business’s website.
Trunature owner Bo Wang said she learned about the fire through a text message from a client this morning. She immediately went downtown to her store and found the fire department already there.
“The only word I saw [in the message] was ‘fire’ and I drove there,” Wang said in a phone interview Sunday evening. “It’s totally ruined, and I don’t know the reason. I’m very careful to take care of everything, yesterday I was there and checked everything. It’s a big shock to me.”
The store’s future is unclear in the immediate aftermath of the fire. Wang said she’s waiting for more information from the fire department and her insurance provider.
Wang has been in business in Maynard for three years, she said.
“It’s so messed up,” she said. “I don’t think I can do anything right now, so I’m just waiting.”
Crews from Acton, Stow, Concord, Sudbury, Lincoln, Hudson and the Department of Fire Services Rehabilitation Unit provided mutual aid.