MOUNT VERNON, VA — Mount Vernon’s Fall Wine Festival & Sunset Tour will go on in 2020 with safety measures due to the pandemic. The ticket event will happen on Oct. 9 through 11 from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
At the event, guests are invited to bring a blanket to the east lawn of George Washington’s Mount Vernon and sample wine from 16 Virginia wineries. Aside from the wine tastings included with admission, fruit and cheese boxes will be available for advance purchase, and the Mount Vernon food truck will provide concessions at the event. Outside food and drinks will not be permitted.
There’s also the option of a VIP table for 12 people with three bottles of Mount Vernon house wine, a dessert platter from Alexandria Pastry Shop, a fruit and cheese tray from the Mount Vernon Inn Restaurant and private waiter service. These tables will be spaced more than six feet apart.
Safety measures for the event include a face covering requirement for all guests and staff indoors and outdoors when social distancing cannot be maintained. Winery set-ups will be arranged to discourage crowding, and guests will be encouraged to move out of line after receiving their samples. Hand sanitizer stations are located around the estate, and staff are performing enhanced cleaning with a focus on high-touch areas. Guests are also asked to maintain six feet of distance from others. The Mansion will be closed during the event.
Participating wineries include:
- Barboursville Vineyards: Barboursville, Virginia
- Breaux Vineyards: Purcellville, Virginia
- Chateau Morrisette: Meadows of Dan, Virginia
- DelFosse Vineyards & Winery: Faber, Virginia
- Ducard Vineyards: Charlottesville, Virginia
- Fox Meadow Winery: Linden, Virginia
- Gray Ghost Vineyards: Amissville, Virginia
- Horton Vineyards: Gordonsville, Virginia
- Ingleside Vineyards: Oak Grove, Virginia
- Lake Anna Winery: Spotsylvania, Virginia
- Mountain Cove Vineyards: Lovingston, Virginia
- Narmada Winery: Amissville, Virginia
- New Kent Winery: New Kent, Virginia
- North Mountain Vineyard & Winery: Maurertown, VA
- Philip Carter: Hume, Virginia
Tickets start at $42 for Mount Vernon members and $46 for non-members.
For more events and virtual activities at Mount Vernon, visit www.mountvernon.org/plan-your-visit/calendar.