The lure of the beach, the boardwalk and casinos has made Atlantic City one of the country’s top travel destinations in the United States, according to Tripadvisor.
Atlantic City has plenty to offer travelers as hotels are plenty and the beaches remain open for a few more weeks.
Only Key Largo, Fla., and Key West, Fla., are more popular than Atlantic City.
Travelers can book their next Atlantic City vacation through Tripadvisor.
Recent Tripadvisor site data shows that globally, domestic travel for the fall season (September 1 – November 30, 2020) continues to gradually recover, with nearly two-thirds (65 percent) of all travelers planning domestic fall getaways. Of those travelers, 79 percent of them are planning a September trip – the busiest fall travel month.
Fall Travel Trends:
- Most popular: Key Largo, Fla. is leading year-over-year recovery in the U.S. this fall. While travel is still down year-over-year (YoY), the Sunshine State is home to several destinations that are recovering the quickest YoY this season based on searches for hotel bookings.
- Destination type: Domestic travelers are more keen to visit beach destinations, and are less interested in central city getaways. While Florida and Arizona have always been popular destinations, there is significant year-over-year increase in travelers planning to visit this fall.
- Trip length: Travelers are looking for short getaways with 55 percent of fall travelers booking two to five night stays, and 36 percent booking short one-night stays.
- Last-minute travel: Fall travelers are booking more near-term trips, often less than a week in advance
- Safety first: Across the globe, safety remains critical. Sixty-eight percent of global travelers say safety and cleanliness of establishments are important when traveling locally.
That’s why Atlantic City was among the best on the list. Plus it’s a little less than two hours away from New York City and Staten Island.
“Among all of the disruption and restrictions this year, 76 percent of U.S. travelers continue to say that travel is important to them, even if they can’t experience the world like they used to,” said Christopher Hsi, Consumer Market Research Lead Analyst for Tripadvisor. “The pandemic has forced travelers to be creative and explore new destinations in ways they may not have considered previously. This fall, we’re seeing a rise in destinations where travelers can relax and rejuvenate, as opposed to the busy hustle and bustle of popular cities.”