- Dragonspine, the game’s new region, will be released on Dec. 23
- Multiple versions are being developed simultaneously to ensure regularly scheduled content
- New versions are being developed in line with in-game cultures and calendar events
“Genshin Impact” developer miHoYo announced a new in-game area, Dragonspine to debut on Dec. 23. The developer also shared plans on regular roadmap updates.
Currently, players of “Genshin Impact” can visit two nations, Mondstadt and Liyue.
miHoYo announced on the “Genshin Impact” blog that, on Dec. 23, the area to be known as Dragonspine will be revealed as part of Version 1.2 of the game. The developer promises to do its best to release a version update every six weeks, ideally on a Wednesday, with every version coming with its own themed activities.
Currently, VG24/7 notes that the following versions have been targeted with their respective events:
- Version 1.1 – Estimated to arrive on Nov. 11, the Unreconciled Stars event will take place in this version.
- Version 1.2 – Estimated to arrive on Dec. 23, this version will unveil the Dragonspine area and its related event.
- Version 1.3 – Estimated to arrive in Feb. 2021, the Lantern Rite event series comes with this version
The developer explains that, in order to roll out content on a regular basis like it is planning to do, the development of multiple versions is happening simultaneously.
The developer also aims to combine certain cultural and calendar features found in Mondstadt, Liyue and upcoming regions to be revealed with dates in the real world to host unique events.
Examples mentioned are Ludi Harpastum and the Windbloom Festival celebrated in Mondstadt and Liyue’s Lantern Rite and Moonchase Festival.
The early success “Genshin Impact” has achieved has motivated the developer to pursue these plans. In its first week on mobile, the game earned $60 million, thanks to its unique gacha-based shop system and cross-platform play.
Mondstadt, known as the city of freedom, sits on an island in the middle of a lake, occupying the northeastern part of the map.
Liyue, the largest market harbor in the world of Teyvat can be located at the southeastern part of the map. Its residents worship the geo archon Rex Lapis.
Aside from already being present on Android and iOS devices, “Genshin Impact” has also been released for Microsoft Windows and PlayStation 4 with a future Nintendo Switch release expected.