EL SEGUNDO, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Sep 22, 2020–
GlobalPost, the industry leader in affordable, innovative international shipping services, today announced the launch of USPS Canada Delivered Duties Paid (DDP) service for Stamps.com and Endicia shipping customers. USPS Canada DDP allows customers to prepay duties and taxes for their First Class Package International Service parcels to Canada. For a flat fee of $6.95, packages of 4 lbs. or less will be delivered directly to the buyer’s door without having to pay required customs fees upon delivery, or having to travel to the Customs Office to pick up their package.
GlobalPost’s USPS Canada DDP service offers online retailers these great benefits:
- Better Customer Experience: With sellers paying DDP, the buyer receives a smooth and easy delivery experience.
- Decreased Returns: Shipments that arrive with duties owed face a high rate of refusal, or abandonment, as unhappy consumers refuse to pay the additional costs. When customers refuse a package, the seller typically has to pay the return shipping fees to get the package back.
- Increased Sales Conversion: DDP is designed to help online retailers improve their shopping cart conversion rate for Canadian orders. Without DDP, customers are left guessing their total fees and end up abandoning their cart.
- Eliminates $9.95 Surcharge: If Canadian duties and taxes are assessed by customs and DDP was not included, Canada Post collects the fees upon delivery, plus an additional $9.95 surcharge. That extra surcharge could end up being a large percentage of the overall product cost, cutting further into the seller’s margin.
How GlobalPost’s USPS Canada DDP service works:
1. USPS Canada DDP is currently offered in the Stamps.com and Endicia shipping software platforms. Shippers add USPS Canada DDP directly in the UI of any shipping platform where GlobalPost is offered.
2. Shippers pay for the shipment plus duties/taxes in one payment when printing the shipping label.
3. GlobalPost handles all the paperwork and charges for duties/taxes associated with customs clearance.
“We’re thrilled to offer the GlobalPost USPS Canada DDP product to our Stamps.com and Endicia customers,” said Ken McBride, Chairman and CEO of Stamps.com, the GlobalPost parent company. “We’re always looking for ways to eliminate friction between buyers and sellers. Canada DDP reduces hassle, increases peace of mind and helps get orders into the hands of Canadian buyers faster. We think it’s going to be a real game changer for online shoppers in Canada.”
GlobalPost Features Overview
The GlobalPost delivery network leverages partnerships with international postal operators as well as commercial carriers to offer worldwide delivery. GlobalPost services reach over 200 countries and territories and includes unique features not found in traditional international shipping services.
Stamps.com (NASDAQ: STMP) is the leading provider of postage online and shipping software solutions to customers including consumers, small businesses, e-commerce shippers, enterprises, and high volume shippers. Stamps.com offers solutions that help businesses run their shipping operations more smoothly and function more successfully under the brand names Stamps.com, Endicia®, ShipStation®, ShipEngine®, ShippingEasy®, ShipWorks®, GlobalPost and Metapack™. Stamps.com’s family of brands provides seamless access to mailing and shipping services through integrations with more than 500 unique partner applications.
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200922005111/en/
CONTACT: Investor Contact:
Stamps.com Investor Relations
[email protected] Contact:
Stamps.com Public Relations
KEYWORD: CALIFORNIA UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA CANADA
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: SOFTWARE INTERNET OTHER TRANSPORT TECHNOLOGY ONLINE RETAIL LOGISTICS/SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT TRANSPORT RETAIL
Copyright Business Wire 2020.
PUB: 09/22/2020 08:30 AM/DISC: 09/22/2020 08:30 AM
Copyright Business Wire 2020.