The Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Limited (IRCTC) is set to restart Tejas Express trains on the Lucknow-New Delhi and Ahmedabad-Mumbai routes from October 17. The corporate trains were suspended on March 19 due to the coronavirus pandemic. The trains will resume operations after a gap of almost 7 months due to popular demand during the festival season.
The IRCTC has said that it has conducted an extensive training programme to educate and train its team of employees of Tejas trains to manage the operations of the trains and provide services according to the ‘new normal’ amidst Covid-19 pandemic and to follow the standard operating Procedure ensuring passengers safety.
Which Tejas Express trains will resume operations?
IRCTC has announced that Tejas Express trains will resume operations on the Lucknow-New Delhi and Ahmedabad-Mumbai routes. IRCTC started the Lucknow-Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express on October 4, 2019, and the Ahmedabad-Mumbai-Ahmedabad on January 19 this year.
Notably, the Kashi Mahakal Express, which was launched on February 16 between Varanasi and Indore, will not begin its services yet.
When will Tejas Express trains services resume?
IRCTC has said that the Tejas Express trains on Lucknow-Delhi and Ahmedabad-Mumbai routes will resume services from October 17. The private trains were suspended on March 19, ahead of nationwide lockdown to curb the spread of Covid-19.
When will booking for Tejas Express trains open?
The IRCTC will resume booking for the Tejas train on the e-ticketing website of IRCTC www.irctc.co.in and the IRCTC Rail Connect App shortly.
What are the Covid-19 precautions in place in Tejas Express trains?
The rail PSU has said that it has made several arrangements to provide a safe experience to passengers. Some of the provisions on board the Tejas trains include:
- Every alternate will be kept vacant to ensure social distancing
- Passengers will be thermally screened before entering the coach
- Passengers will not be allowed to exchange their seats once seated.
- Passengers will be provided a “Covid-19 protection kit”. It will contain a bottle of hand sanitizers, one mask, one face shield and one pair of gloves. Use of face covers/masks will be mandatory for passengers and staff.
- The coach, including the pantry areas and lavatories, will be disinfected at regular intervals. The luggage and baggage of the passengers will also be disinfected by a staff.
- All travellers will install the Arogaya Setu app and the same shall be shown as and when demanded.