The draft agreement was presented to Mechanicsburg Borough Council on Sept. 15, but the board took no action on it then.

“I have not heard any comments (about the draft) at this time,” borough manager Roger Ciercierski said this week.

The draft is scheduled for further consideration by Mechanicsburg Borough Council on Oct. 6.

The agreement, as ratified so far, states that stakeholders will appoint a representative to a Joint Recreation Committee that will conduct quarterly meetings and provide feedback on new and existing programs, according to a news release from Upper Allen Township. The committee is expected to establish a yearly budgetary operating margin with a targeted rate between a determined “break-even” point and a 10% surplus.

The draft also maintains the program with the same level of municipal support that includes an annual adjustment based on the Act 1 index, an annual wage inflation index calculated by the state Department of Education. As under the previous recreation agreement, the school district will cover 75% of the costs, with the three participating municipalities splitting the remaining 25% based on population.

This year, Upper Allen budgeted $50,332.93 for this purpose and would contribute $51,642 next year under the new agreement, according to the township’s news release. Mechanicsburg would pay $25,014 next year and Shiremanstown would pay $4,035.