Rec department hosting kickball, Wiffle ball
The Murrysville Recreation Department is hosting weekly kickball and Wiffle ball games at Kovalczik Park on Koval Court just outside Delmont.
Kickball games will be held at 6 p.m., Tuesdays from Sept. 8 to Oct. 13. Wiffle ball will be at 6 p.m., Thursdays from Sept. 10 to Oct. 15.
The cost is $15 per session. Both games are for children ages 6-12. Register online at MurrysvillePArecreation.com. For more, call 724-327-2100, ext. 115.
Rotary, rec department to host Oktoberfest
The Murrysville-Export Rotary Club and the Murrysville Recreation Department will host a Sept. 25 Oktoberfest celebration at the Murrysville Fire Company pavilion.
Participants must register for the event. Registration can be completed by visiting Eventbrite.com and typing “Murrysville Oktoberfest” into the search box.
For more, call 724-309-2771 or email [email protected].
Inclusive theater company hosts holiday play auditions
Acting Up, an inclusive theater troupe for actors of all abilities, will host auditions Sept. 26-27 for its short plays celebrating the Christmas season.
Auditions will be at the First Presbyterian Church pavilion, 3202 North Hills Road in Murrysville. It is not an open casting call due to health and safety regulations.
All potential participants must call or email to make an audition appointment.
The cast size for each play is 10-12 participants.
Rehearsals will take place on Saturdays and some Sundays, both in-person and virtually. The plays will be staged at First Presbyterian Church.
Those auditioning should prepare the following
• Grades 1-5: Will be asked to introduce themselves, recite a poem or tell a joke and sing “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.”
• Grades 6 and up: Will be asked to introduce themselves, recite a monologue under 60 seconds and sing an acapella song of their choice.
To schedule an audition, call 724-516-3662 or email [email protected].
Upcoming meeting dates
The following public meetings are taking place in the Star’s coverage area over the next few weeks.
• Franklin Regional school board committee-of-the-whole meeting (no voting), 7:30 p.m., Sept. 14 at the Murrysville municipal building, 4100 Sardis Road. Meetings are also streamed live via the district’s YouTube channel.
• Murrysville council, 7 p.m., Sept. 16 at the municipal building.
• Franklin Township Municipal Sanitary Authority, 6 p.m., authority office, 3001 Meadowbrook Road in Murrysville.
• Franklin Regional school board voting meeting, 7:30 p.m., Sept. 21 at the Murrysville municipal building. Meetings are also streamed live via the district’s YouTube channel.
Pop-up glass recycling event
Republic Services and Murrysville officials will sponsor a Sept. 19 glass recycling event at the Veterans Field parking lot off Sardis Road.
It will be from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the field, 4170 Sardis Road.
All colors of glass bottles, jars and jugs will be accepted. Caps, lids and labels are acceptable.
Not accepted: window glass, drinking glasses/stemware, dishware, ceramics, mirrors, light bulbs and TVs.
Local | Murrysville Star