DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Oct 12, 2020–
The “Gas Separation Membrane Market – Growth, Trends, and Forecast (2020-2025)” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The market for gas separation membranes is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 5% globally during the forecast period.
The major factor driving the market studied is the increasing demand for membranes in carbon dioxide separation processes. On the flip side, plasticization of polymeric membranes in high-temperature applications is hindering the growth of the market.
- Air Liquide Advanced Separation
- Air Products and Chemicals Inc.
- DIC Corporation
- FUJIFILM Manufacturing Europe BV
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Membrane Technology and Research Inc.
- Schlumberger Limited
- SRI International
- Ube Industries Ltd
Key Market Trends
Carbon Dioxide Removal Application to Dominate the Market
- Rising concerns over global warming due to the increasing carbon dioxide emissions are expected to be the primary factor fueling demand for gas separation membranes in the removal of carbon dioxide.
- Stringent government regulations on the emission of the carbon dioxide from the industries are further expected to drive the growth of this market in the years to follow. In addition, the significant increase in the demand for the membrane separation process in natural gas treatment to capture carbon dioxide is projected to favor growth of the market during the review period.
- In February 2020, the UAE government has announced the discovery of new natural gas reserves between Abu Dhabi and Dubai. The newly discovered gas reserves possess about 80 trillion cubic feet of natural gas and this discovery will certainly help the nation achieve its self-sufficiency in gas production.
- With the further increase in manufacturing activities and increase in natural gas exploration activities across the globe, the demand for gas separation membrane is expected to increase over the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific Region to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific region is anticipated to account for the largest and the fastest-growing market for gas separation membrane attributed to growing industrialization in this region, which in turn boosts market growth and increasing demand for energy-efficient & cost-effective gas separation techniques.
- This growth is driven mainly by the rising demand for carbon dioxide removal from reservoirs, increasing demand for sanitation and freshwater, increasing urbanization, and improved standard of living. Rapid growth and innovation, coupled with industry consolidations, are expected to lead to the rapid growth of the market in the region.
- Also, the increasing use of gas separation membranes for the control of CO2 emissions from the industrial effluents is expected to have a positive impact. Strengthening government regulations to curb the gaseous emissions is expected to fuel demand for the product in the coming years.
- Furthermore, significant growth of natural gas production in the region will propel the demand for gas separation membrane in acid gases separation in the regional market.
Key Topics Covered:
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4 MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Increasing Demand for Membranes in Carbon Dioxide Separation Processes
4.1.2 Other Drivers
4.2.1 Plasticization of Polymeric Membranes in High-temperature Applications
4.2.2 Other Restraints
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Material Type
5.1.1 Polyimide and Polyaramide
5.1.3 Cellulose Acetate
5.1.4 Other Material Types
5.2.1 Nitrogen Generation and Oxygen Enrichment
5.2.2 Hydrogen Recovery
5.2.3 Carbon Dioxide Removal
5.2.4 Air Dehydration
5.2.5 Other Applications
188.8.131.52 South Korea
184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.2 North America
220.127.116.11 United States
18.104.22.168 United Kingdom
22.214.171.124 Rest of Europe
5.3.4 South America
126.96.36.199 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
188.8.131.52 Saudi Arabia
184.108.40.206 South Africa
220.127.116.11 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share/Ranking Analysis**
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Air Liquide Advanced Separation
6.4.2 Air Products and Chemicals Inc.
6.4.3 DIC Corporation
6.4.4 FUJIFILM Manufacturing Europe BV
6.4.6 Honeywell International Inc.
6.4.7 Membrane Technology and Research Inc.
6.4.8 Schlumberger Limited
6.4.9 SRI International
6.4.10 Ube Industries Ltd
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Development of Mixed Matrix Membranes
7.2 Other Opportunities
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/ppzits
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20201012005735/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
[email protected] For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: OIL/GAS MANUFACTURING OTHER MANUFACTURING ENERGY CHEMICALS/PLASTICS
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2020.
PUB: 10/12/2020 01:17 PM/DISC: 10/12/2020 01:17 PM